The HSF/Marathon Petroleum Corporation Scholarship Program is a scholarship of $7,500 for the 2013-2014 academic year to Juniors, Seniors, 5th year Seniors, 1st year Masters students (Human Resource Management) and 1st year Law Students.
In addition, scholars may be offered the opportunity to participate in a paid internship program.
- Be of Hispanic American, African American, Asian Pacific Islander American, or American Indian/Alaskan Native heritage
- Be a U.S. Citizen, legal permanent resident or eligible non-U.S. citizen
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale
- Be a Junior, Senior or 5th year Senior in 2013-2014 with plans to enter full-time in a degree seeking program at a four-year U.S. Accredited institution and majoring in:
- Accounting, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Finance, Industrial Engineering, Information Technology (IT/MIS), Marketing, Mechanical Engineering
- OR be a 1st year Master's student in 2013-2014 with a Human Resource Management major
- OR be a 1st year Law student (JD program) in 2013-2014 with a Law major
- Preference will be given to applicants who are attending one of the following institutions:
- Bowling Green State University, Ohio Northern University, Purdue University, University of Findlay, Michigan State University, Ohio State university, University of Cincinnati, University of Toledo, Central Michigan University, Tiffin University, University of Michigan, Indiana University, University of Dayton, West Virginia University, Miami University (Ohio), University of Illinois-Urbana Champaign, Western Michigan University, Louisiana State University, North Carolina A&T, and University of Louisville
- Must apply for federal financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) in 2013
- Applicants who are a military veteran OR in a ROTC program are encouraged to apply