The Northwest Arkansas Bilingual Teacher Scholarship Program is available on a competitive basis to students who live in Arkansas for awards in the 2013-2014 academic year.
Students must be enrolled full-time at the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville or at Northwest Arkansas Community College, Bentonville with the intention of becoming a bilingual teacher in Northwest Arkansas. Possibility of renewal in future years.
- Be of Hispanic heritage
- Be a U.S. citizen, legal permanent resident or an eligible non-U.S. citizen
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- All Majors eligible, but applicants must intend to become a K-12 teacher in Northwest Arkansas
- During the 2013-2014 academic year, be enrolled FULL-TIME in a degree-seeking program:
- As a student at Northwest Arkansas Community College, Bentonville with the intent to transfer into the Education Program at the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville
- OR as a student at the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville in the Education Program or planning on becoming a teacher
- Preference will be given to students who have graduated or are graduating from Springdale School District high schools (Springdale High School, Har-Ber High School)
- Must apply for federal financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) in 2013
- Preference given to students eligible for Pell funding
- Preference given to students who are first generation to attend college (no parent or guardian has received an undergraduate or baccalaureate degree from a four-year institution)