Programs for Parents
HSF helps guide parents through the educational process. We provide information about preparation for college, college selection and application, application for scholarships and financial aid, and student support organizations.
To help facilitate communications, many programs are provided in both English and Spanish.
- Scholarships: HSF provides scholarships for students enrolled in college, those transferring to four-year institutions from community colleges and graduate students as well as High School Students in their Senior year.
- Getting Ready for College: Thorough list of the important steps to prepare high school students for college.
- Roadmap: Co-produced by HSF and the Princeton Review helps bilingual students and families understand the path to a successful college career.
- Steps for Success Saturdays (S4S): Register for an S4S bilingual workshop for high school students and their parents to learn how to be successful in college.
- Town Hall Meetings and Seminars near you: HSF organizes educational outreach programming throughout the country.
- HSF and Boys & Girls Club of America: have formed a strategic alliance to ensure Hispanic youth are on track to secure a college education.
- Parental Engagement Program: enhances communication between parents and teachers through a series of bilingual workshops on financial aid, scholarships and the U.S. educational system.
- Publications: The HSF Money Manual focuses on managing your money for a college education and Destination University is a guide to applying to college and for financial aid. (PDF format) Co-produced by HSF and the Princeton Review, the College Admissions Roadmap helps families understand what needs to be done in high school to prepare for college admissions.
- Additional Resources: Provides additional information that will help you achieve your educational goals.
- Outreach Programs: information on the different programs we offer.
Click here for a schedule of events